Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) training, as well as other Agile and Scrum courses, through a partnership with a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer. The training can take place at our location in Farmington Hills, 20 miles outside of Detroit, or onsite at your office anywhere throughout the United States.
While many CST’s fly into metro Detroit to deliver Scrum and Agile classes at a hotel, like the CSPO or A-CSPO, and then leave, we live here and support the local Agile community. We continue to sponsor regional Agile conferences and meetups. We have successfully run Agile and Certified ScrumMaster courses for multiple teams in the Great Lakes area.
What is Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) training?
As a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), you’ve already been introduced to Scrum values, practices, and applications. You understand how to provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical product managers.
You understand that becoming Agile is a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
To further enhance your knowledge and skills, the next step is achieving an Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) certification from a Scrum Alliance authorized Certified Scrum Trainer. Our advanced workshop is ideal for a Certified Scrum Product Owner who has one or more years of work experience in that role.
Additional Benefits of taking our Advanced CSPO course
Participants are eligible for 16 Education Hours for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner application, 16 PMI PDUs (Professional Development Units) and 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs.
The next Advanced-Certified Scrum Product Owner class in Farmington Hills will be Wednesday and Thursday, July 31 & August 1, 2019. The regular course fee is $1,495/student, but early enrollment, prior to July 1 is $1,295/student. The A-CSPO credential is included in the course fee.
Aaron Sanders will teach this advanced workshop. Aaron helped lead the development of the A-CSPO for the Scrum Alliance. He will be joined by Chet Hendrickson. They are both Certified Scrum Trainers with extensive agile and Scrum experience.
Want a class before next July in Michigan?
Private classes for groups are available upon request. Call 248-489-0408 for details.
To be eligible for the A-CSPO certification you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be an existing CSPO in good standing with the Scrum Alliance
- Have at least 12+ months experience working as a Scrum Product Owner
This is an advanced class. Please come ready to participate, share your experiences, work hard, and have fun! There will be a pre-class homework assignment, which you must complete, so be sure to coordinate your schedule to allow time for this activity.
You will be required to attend the full workshop to earn the A-CSPO credential. If you feel like you may miss more than 30 minutes of the workshop you should plan on attending a future A-CSPO instructor led session.
For additional Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner Training class information or to request a class date contact Michigan Technology Services. 248-489-0408
Who should attend?
Scrum Product Owners, Agile coaches, consultants, program and project managers, facilitators, and technical leaders will all benefit by joining us and building upon their CSPO certification with the A-CSPO.
Recommended Experience for Participants
CSPO with 1+ years of experience
Through the A-CSPO course, you’ll learn to:
- Manage multiple business initiatives from competing stakeholders.
- Clearly order and express Product Backlog items.
- Define a clear product vision that ensures your product remains focused on the features your customers and end users will actually use.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups to achieve alignment.
- Identify the crucial opportunities and avoid wasting time.
- Define and validate business value.
- Increase your credibility as a product expert and become recognized as a person who delivers real business results.
- Build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced implementation skills
- Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace
- Stand out in your industry as a member of the Scrum Alliance globally-recognized community
- Show advanced value to your employer (or potential employer) as a highly trained Agile professional