DevOps Foundation Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led DevOps Foundation training, as well as other DevOps courses, through a relationship with a DevOps Registered Education Partner. The training can take place at our location in Farmington Hills, 20 miles outside of Detroit, onsite at your office anywhere throughout the United States, or if you prefer, instructor led live online.
What is DevOps Foundation training?
DevOps is a cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
The sixteen (16) hour DevOps Foundation course provides an introduction to DevOps. The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
DevOps Foundation® is a registered trade mark of the DevOps Institute
Exam & Certification:
Students are eligible to take an independent Foundation exam, (please call us to to purchase it). Successfully passing the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate.
Note: The exam is web-based only; learners choose the time and place for their exams. A passing score = 65% or better.
Project Management Institute (PMI®) Professional Development Units:
Project Management Professionals can earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
For complete DevOps course outlines and pricing information or to request a class date contact Michigan Technology Services. 248-489-0408
Who Should Attend
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management, particularly those in an enterprise environment
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile service design environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the concepts involved in interfacing Agile and DevOps
- Individuals who require an understanding of the culture changes associated with adopting DevOps
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about process improvements, benefits and challenges.
- Complete pre-class assignments
- An understanding of IT services and the service lifecycle is recommended
Detailed Course Outline
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an enterprise understanding of DevOps:
- Goals, objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business
- Concepts and practices (including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Improved workflows
- Improved communication and feedback loops
- Reliance on automation
- Applying DevOps in an enterprise environment
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results