Professional Agile Leadership Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led Professional Agile Leadership (PAL-E) training, as well as other Agile and Scrum courses. The training can take place at our location in Farmington Hills, 20 miles outside of Detroit, or onsite at your office anywhere throughout the United States. Our Agile workshops and Agile coaching sessions can now also be offered virtually, reducing your need to travel.
While many PST’s fly into metro Detroit to deliver Scrum and Agile classes at a hotel, and then leave, we live here and support the local Agile community. We continue to sponsor regional Agile conferences and meetups. We have successfully run Agile Leadership and Certified ScrumMaster and Product Owner courses for multiple teams from globally recognized organizations.
What is Professional Agile Leadership (PAL-E) training?
Professional Agile Leadership Essentials is a two-day workshop to equip leaders of Agile teams (along with their Product Owners and Scrum Masters) with skills to help their organizations change. The premise behind this workshop is that becoming an Agile organization is a profound transformation. It requires senior leaders, middle managers, and Agile team members to change the way that they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the results of the work. Agile teams cannot do this on their own; they need help from the entire organization. The changes for all involved are profound, but so are the results when everyone’s goals and ways of working are aligned.
The workshop provides a foundation for the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful Agile transformation. We will do this by providing participants with:
- An overview of what “Agile” is and why organizations need it to thrive in a changing world.
- The means to identify the potential opportunities, challenges and impacts of Agile in terms of business value and why this is so important to the next generation organization.
- An understanding of techniques to support teams to sustain long-term agility including the role that leaders play, shifts in thinking, and the relationship between complexity and empiricism.
- Ways to continue the development of the people to help them grow and prosper in an Agile way of working.
- Guidance of how to measure and guide Agile product delivery.
- Discuss ways to scale agility across several teams within the organization while keeping them working together to deliver on a common vision.
Additional Benefits of taking our PAL-E course
Participants are eligible for 14 PMI PDUs (Professional Development Units)
The next 2021 Professional Agile Leadership class in Farmington Hills will be announced soon. The workshop investment is $1,495/student.
Ryan Ripley and Todd Miller, Professional Scrum Trainers, teach this workshop. Ryan created the Professional Agile Leadership material and certification for Scrum.org. He hosts the popular podcast, “Agile for Humans,” is the co-author, along with Todd, of the new book, “Fixing Your Scrum,” and is continuously invited to talk at numerous Agile conferences.
Note: Scrum.org has allowed virtual classes taught by PSTs as we all deal with the Covid-19 situation. While we are located in Farmington Hills our upcoming PAL-E workshops are now virtual, instructor led live online workshops.
Want a PAL-E workshop for your team in Michigan? Or anywhere in the US….
Private classes for groups are available upon request. Call 248-489-0408 for details.
Who should attend this workshop?
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed for managers and those in leadership roles who are responsible for the introduction and establishment of Agile methods and techniques in an IT organization/division.
All participants completing the Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL E) certification assessment. PAL-E class participants who attempt the PAL assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
You will be required to attend the full workshop to earn the PAL-E credential. If you feel like you may miss more than 30 minutes of the workshop you should plan on attending a future PAL-E instructor led session.
We do not require you to be a Certified ScrumMaster or Product Owner to attend. We do, however, expect participants to have a core knowledge of Scrum and Agile Learning Objectives.
If you are coming in with little to no agile experience or education, we will send out some pre-reading and video watching to catch you up to speed on the basics.
- Development of a common language
- Understanding of core problems in IT Product and Software Development
- Professional introduction and establishment of Agile techniques
- Role management plays in the Agile change of an organization