Business Analysis Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led certified Business Analysis training and BA courses through a partnership with an International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) Endorsed Education provider. The training can take place at our location in Farmington Hills, 20 miles outside of Detroit, onsite at your office anywhere throughout the United States, or if you prefer, instructor led live online.
What does a Business Analyst (BA) do?
According to the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®), Business Analysts are responsible for identifying the business needs of their clients and stakeholders to determine solutions to business problems.
Essential Business Analysis Skills(©2008 International Institute of Business Analysis)
- Analyze and understand the business problems
- Identify and document requirements
- Communicate effectively (written and spoken)
- Manage client relationships
- Facilitate discussions
- Negotiate and build consensus
- Model data and processes
- Plan and manage activities
- Facilitate and develop business strategy
- Understand and manage organizational change
BAs are responsible for requirements development and requirements management. Solutions often include a systems development component but may also consist of process improvement or organizational change. Business analysts are a key facilitator within an organization, acting as a bridge between the client, stakeholders and the solution team.
No matter what organization or title owns the function, the business analyst's primary responsibilities are gathering requirements for designing business information systems, modifying systems to improve production or workflow, deploying new applications or expanding systems to serve new purposes. The bottom line for business analysts is to help make their companies more efficient, effective and profitable.
Who should take Business Analysis training?
Our courses are specially designed for a) entry-level business analysts and their managers, and also b) BAs looking for advanced skills
- Self-taught business analysts requiring a course that fills in the gaps and puts all the pieces together
- Systems analysts and programmers interested in expanding their role into the business area
- Quality assurance professionals
- Project managers
- Solution architects.
Business Analyst courses offered include:
Business Analysis Essentials – A 2 day introductory course designed to provide participants with a basic understanding of the benefits, functions and impact a Business Analyst has within an organization.
Stakeholder Expectations Management – 2 days - Learn how to identify stakeholders and techniques for uncovering their real expectations.
Business Analysis - Core Program
- Strategic Business Analysis – 2 days
- Writing Effective Business Cases – 2 days
- Eliciting and Writing Effective Requirements – 3 days
- Process Modeling Using BPMN – 2 days
- Managing and Communication Requirements for Projects – 2 days
Business Analysis - Electives
- Implementing an Agile Project - 2 days
- Agile for Business Analysis - 2 days
- Managing Requirements for SharePoint Projects - 2 days
- Understanding Root Cause Analysis - 2 days
- Writing Effective Requirements - 2 days
- Planning and Managing Agile Projects - 3 days
- Managing SW Projects using Scrum - 2 days
- Problem Determination Root Cause Analysis (RCA) - 2 days
- Business Process Improvement (BPI) - 2 days
- Managing the Agile Product Development Life Cycle - 4 Days
- Requirements Elicitation - 2 days
- Writing and Managing Effective Requirements -3 days
- Requirements Analysis and Use Cases Workshop - 2 days
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for Business Analysts (BAs) - 2 days
- Foundations of Business Analysis - 4 days
- Certified Business Analysis Professional -CBAP® Exam Preparation - 4 days
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA®) Exam Preparation - 4 days
- Process Quality Management - 2 days