Open Source Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers a wide variety of instructor led Open Source web development and infrastructure courses. The training can take place at our location in Farmington Hills, 20 miles outside of Detroit, where you will sit in a room with one of our instructors, onsite at your office anywhere throughout the United States, or if you prefer, instructor led live online.
Many IT managers are looking for alternatives to expensive software licensing fees.
Open Source software – software whose source code is published and made available to the public, enabling you to copy, modify and redistribute the source code without paying royalties or fees – is the alternative many IS directors are opting for. There is now a need for computer professionals well versed in these Open Source languages and operating systems.
Michigan Technology Services offers the following Open Source courses:
- AngularJSLearn about the open source web application framework that is maintained by Google
- Angular and TypeScript Single Page Application (SPA) DevelopmentAngular 5 is the new version of Google’s popular Single Page Application (SPA) framework that can be used to build robust, client-centric applications
- Apache HTTPd TrainingLearn how to setup, configure, administer and secure the world’s leading web server software.
- Apache Tomcat TrainingGrasp how to administer and secure the Tomcat Server, as well as how to deploy Java-based web applications.
- BootstrapStudy the free collection of tools for creating web sites and web apps
- Docker for Web DevelopersWe'll provide an engaging look at the Docker platform and the role it can play in your Web development environment and workflow.
- DrupalMaster an open source content management system using php
- HadoopLearn how to work with the Hadoop open-source software framework. Classes cover the Hadoop kernel, MapReduce, HDFS, Apache Hive and Apache HBase. Big Data training…
- JoomlaPick up the skills to use this open source content management system for publishing web content.
- Linux TrainingLearn how to plan, install, administer and troubleshoot a Linux Server.
- MySQL TrainingLearn the basics of writing MySQL queries and how to administer a MySQL database.
- Node.js End-to-End Programming Learn how to build a Web application from start to finish using Express, MongoDB, Angular, and Node.js (the MEAN stack).
- Open StackThis short course covers the fundamentals of the Openstack IAAS (Infrastructure As A Service) solution used for creating a private cloud.
- Perl TrainingLearn how to use Perl to build data-driven reporting and system administration applications.
- PHP TrainingGrasp the skills needed to successfully build interactive, data-driven sites. Combine the PHP training with MySQL training and learn to build databases that power PHP sites.
- PythonGain the knowledge needed to work with this open source programming language.
- Ruby on Rails TrainingLearn how to build web apps using the robust Rails Framework.
- Subversion and GitLearn how to work with software versioning and revision control software.
Don’t see what you are looking for? Call Michigan Technology Services for additional open source course listings. New open source courses are released on a regular basis as the open source community constantly works on new and exciting projects.