Effective Project Management Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers many instructor-led Project Management courses. This Effective Project Management training can take place at our location in Farmington Hills, 20 miles outside of Detroit, where you will sit in a room with one of our instructors, onsite at your office anywhere throughout the United States, or if you prefer, instructor led live online.
About this Course
This 2-day workshop is designed to completely cover the fundamentals of managing projects. It introduces participants to more complex topics in project management while it deepens their understanding of planning and controlling processes. Participants discover concepts, tools and ways to manage projects to achieve positive outcomes. They apply these principles and techniques to sample projects and create links to their own projects.
The class is intended for project managers, project team members, business analysts, technical specialists, subject matter experts, and other project stakeholders who would like to refresh their skills, broaden their understanding, or learn some new approaches. It was created to help project participants reach the next level of proficiency and is appropriate for those with some project management experience and /or minimal project management training.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define project requirements and scope.
- Develop a work breakdown structure and project activities.
- Build a network diagram to show activity sequence.
- Define resources required and create accountabilities across functions.
- Develop time and cost estimates.
- Generate project budgets and calendar-based schedules.
- Evaluate and plan for risk.
- Identify and analyze key stakeholders.
- Create a plan to meet communication needs.
- Track and manage project progress.
- Close out the project and conduct a post project review.
For complete Project Management course outlines and pricing information on other Project Management classes or to request a class date contact Michigan Technology Services. 248-489-0408
Detailed Course Outline
- What is a Project?
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Organizing the Project
- The Project Plan
- Project Initiation
- Simplified Project Management Processes
- Summarize the Project
- Defining Requirements and Scope
- Planning Purchases
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Techniques to Create a WBS
- Determining Activity Sequences
- Project Responsibilities
- The Nature of Estimating
- Project Estimates
- Estimating Time
- Estimating Cost
- Planning to Manage Risk
- Critical Path
- Developing a Schedule
- Making Schedule Adjustments
- Stakeholder Management
- Communication in Projects
- Planning Communications
- Project Kick-Off Meeting
- Finalizing the Project Plan
- Project Leadership Concepts
- Leading the Team - Build Trust
- Leading the Team - Encourage Interactions
- Leading the Team - Make Decisions
- Leading the Team - Accountability and Measurement
- Project Execution
- Controlling the Project
- Change Control Process
- Closing the Project