Implementing SAFe 4.6 w/SPC 4 Training with Michigan Technology Services – presented by AgileSparks – Scaled Agile Gold SPCT Partner.
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led Implementing SAFe training, as well as other Agile and Scrum courses, through a partnership with AgileSparks – Scaled Agile Gold SPCT Partner. The SAFe training will take place at our location in Farmington Hills, 20 miles outside of Detroit. Interested in an onsite SAFe workshop? Contact us to discuss your options.
While many agile trainers fly into metro Detroit to deliver Scrum and Agile classes at a hotel, like an SPC workshop, and then leave, we live here and support the local Agile community. We continue to sponsor regional Agile conferences and meetups. We have successfully run Agile and Certified ScrumMaster courses for multiple teams in the Great Lakes area.
What is SAFe training?
Agile has become mainstream and is being adopted in the majority of technological departments. Many practitioners, however, are challenged when trying to scale Agile principles in an enterprise.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) was developed for scaling Agile Principles and tools to enterprise organizations. It provides a coherent process tying together the team, program and portfolio levels.
Implementing SAFe is the premier SAFe workshop. It provides the deepest insights into the intricacies of the SAFe framework and how to implement it. It is the path to getting certified as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC). SPCs can deliver formal SAFe training classes and have access to all the SAFe power toolkits.
During this four-day course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
Becoming a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, will enable attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
This workshop is for you if you want to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the the SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC) exam. You will also get a one-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform. You must attend all four days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Yuval Yeret, from Agile Sparks, delivers our SAFe workshops. He is both an SPCT and a Professional Scrum Trainer, with extensive agile, Kanban and Scrum experience. The SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT) certification is the highest level of certification provided by Scaled Agile. It is for individuals who demonstrate superior knowledge, competency, and in-depth field experience in adopting Agile across an enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework.
Additional Benefits of taking an Implementing SAFe course
Participants are eligible for Education Hours for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner application, and PMI PDUs (Professional Development Units).
A SAFe SPC class in Farmington Hills will be announced soon. The regular course fee is $2,995/student, but early enrollment is typically $2,895/student. The SPC credential is included in the course fee.
Want a class in Michigan?
Private classes for groups are available upon request. Call 248-489-0408 for details.
For additional Implementing SAFe Training w/SPC Certification class information or to request a class date contact Michigan Technology Services. 248-489-0408
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. The following prerequisites, however, are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SPC certification exam and practice as a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC).
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
Who should attend this workshop?
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects