Advanced Certified ScrumMaster Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) training, as well as other Agile and Scrum courses, through a partnership with a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer. The training can take place at our location in Farmington Hills, 20 miles outside of Detroit, or onsite at your office anywhere throughout the United States.
While many CST’s fly into metro Detroit to deliver Scrum and Agile classes at a hotel, like the CSM or A-CSM, and then leave, we live here and support the local Agile community. We continue to sponsor regional Agile conferences and meetups. We have successfully run Agile and Advanced-Certified ScrumMaster courses for multiple teams in the Great Lakes area.
What is Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) training?
As a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), you’ve already been introduced to Scrum values, practices, and applications. You understand how to provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers.
You understand that becoming Agile is a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
To further enhance your knowledge and skills, the next step is achieving an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) certification from a Scrum Alliance authorized Certified Scrum Trainer. Our advanced workshop is ideal for a Certified ScrumMaster who has one or more years of work experience in that role.
Additional Benefits of taking our CSM course
Participants are eligible for 16 Education Hours for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner application, 16 PMI PDUs (Professional Development Units) and 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs.
Our next Advanced-Certified ScrumMaster class in Farmington Hills will be Monday and Tuesday, December 9 & 10, 2019. Chet Hendrickson will teach this advanced workshop. Chet is a Certified Scrum Trainer with extensive Agile and Scrum experience. The regular course fee is $1,495/student, but early enrollment, prior to November 11 is $1,295/student.
The A-CSM credential is included in the course fee.
Private classes for groups are available upon request. Call 248-489-0408 for details.
To be eligible for the A-CSM certification you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be an existing CSM in good standing with the Scrum Alliance
- Have at least 12+ months experience working as a Scrum Master
This is an advanced class. Please come ready to participate, share your experiences, work hard, and have fun! There will be a pre-class homework assignment, which you must complete, so be sure to coordinate your schedule to allow time for this activity.
You will be required to attend the full workshop to earn the A-CSM credential. If you feel like you may miss more than 30 minutes of the workshop you should plan on attending a future A-CSM instructor led session.
Private, Corporate or Group Training Available
Early-Bird Price: $1295
Regular Price: $1495
|12/9/19 - 12/10/19||M-T||
8:30am - 5:00pm
For additional Advanced Certified ScrumMaster Training class information or to request a class date contact Michigan Technology Services. 248-489-0408
Who Should Attend
ScrumMasters, Agile coaches, consultants, program and project managers, facilitators, and technical leaders will all benefit by joining us and building upon their CSM certification with the A-CSM.
Recommended Experience for Participants
CSM with 1+ years of experience
Through the A-CSM course, you’ll learn to:
- Facilitate dialogue between the Product Owner, team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people.
- Help your company adopt Scrum and support executives committed to Agile values.
- Remove impediments that prevent long-term, deep adoption of Scrum and Agile practices by all parts of the business.
- Explain the value of Scrum and Agile processes to skeptics.
- Increase developer engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
- Extend the impact of Scrum throughout the organization.
- Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
- Leverage your learning to gain recognition and status as the local Agile expert in your company.